There's the rules, then there's the goals.
A few interesting stats from Karen sander...
- We gained a net of 25 new retail businesses in 2012
- The 2012 office vacancy in the 60 block BID was 10.3%
- There was a 15.5% drop in crime from 2011 to 2012
- There was a 57% drop in graffiti from 2011 to 2012
- Alive After Five will continue its 27th year in 2013 w/ ~3000 people attending every week
- The Boise Twilight Criterium will celebrate its 27th year July 13, 2013
- We now have 2 farmers markets.
Some interesting ideas from peter kageyama
- Cities need to give its citizens "love notes"
- Public Policy
- #1 - When kids are happy, parents are happy.
- #2 - People are happy when you surprise and delight them.
- Cities seem to focus on "high tech" when sometimes focusing on "high touch" can be just as effective.
- Some interesting ideas people have done that don't cost a lot of money, give the some sense of place, and help make people happy.
- Dinner on a bridge, cow parade, garden hose fountains, random placement of swings, chalk stencils, "lip dub", pillow fights in the park, etc.
- The focus needs to be on FUN! How do we make this place fun?